
WARNING: If you're trying to avoid unhealthy food skip this post! But if you're like me and the temptation of oreos or chocolate is too much for you read on! I got this recipe at our ward recipe exchange last night and thought they looked nice, but I'm more of a cookie girl than a candy girl so I didn't even try them last night (plus I was too stuffed with other great recipes). But, our bishop's wife sent me home with a plate so I had plenty to try today. These look so simple to make and are soo good. Quite cookie-ish for a candy!
1 pkg Oreo cookies
1 pkg 8 oz cream cheese
1 bag chocolate chips
Blend Oreos into crumbs...completely crushed...no chunks! Add softened cream cheese and mix together. Put mixture in fridge for 15 minutes. Remove and roll into balls about 1" in diameter. Return them to the fridge or freezer for another 15-20 minutes. Melt chocolate in a double boiler. When melted dip each Oreo ball in the chocolate and place on wax paper to cool. For best results put them in the fridge again to help the chocolate harden.
Sounds so good. I wonder if Hailey will like them. She LOVES Oreos but has never liked anything with cream cheese in it.
ReplyDelete