Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Potty Training

Shouldn't potty training be easier in the 21st century? Seriously. We have technology to do so many things that were unimaginable just when I was in high school. We have technology so that I can contact you all all over the country ,at whatever time I want so why don't we have technology to put my son's rear end in contact with the toilet seat at the opportune time!

I could post notes all over the house to remind me to remind him. I could set my iPod for reminders of appointments with the toilet. I could ask you all to text me at regularly scheduled intervals so that I would remember to remind him. But I doubt these would work anyway because the 3 year olds have not become any more technologically advanced than they were when I started this adventure with Benjamin 12 years ago.

So instead of succeeding in this project we fail. Yesterday while I was shampooing the carpet in the living room where Joseph had thrown up, he was upstairs falling asleep on my bedroom floor and having an accident during the nap. Today while I'm on the phone for 3 minutes he is on that newly cleaned carpet having another accident (#1 & #2). Tomorrow he'll probably do it on the bedroom floor again because that's where I need to shampoo today. Oh, and the living room again.

I'll never catch up with the pee!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Amen! I was just cleaning up a mess in the playroom.
    I hate potty training. I'm almost ready to say..."okay, we'll just do diapers until 3 1/2 and then try again."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why do we have selective memories when it comes to wanting more kids?

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's a reason we forget things...if we didn't the human race would end after one generation!

    ReplyDelete