Sunday, February 3, 2013

Oh My!

What do you do when your really want to make cinnamon rolls but have no chocolate chips?!  Michael suggested we make them with raisins, but for me, the only way to really make cinnamon rolls is with ooey gooey chocolate chips in the center.  I was about to abandon the idea completely when Michael suggested we just use a chocolate frosting.  Brilliant!  
I had cocoa powder and could make chocolate frosting.  Or did I?  After baking the rolls and then digging around in my cupboard to find cocoa powder I found I only had about a tablespoon left.  I also discovered half a bag of chocolate chips.  I was kind of frustrated that I hadn't discovered that in the first place, but then I decided to just make a frosting using the chocolate chips.  OH MY!!  So good.  Everything I love about Mom's cinnamon rolls and more of it.  




1 comment: