Sunday, April 22, 2012

Junior Prom

Benjamin attended the Junior Prom yesterday, pretty much all day! He and his date met their group at the park at 10 am for fun and games. I know it involved paint because he came home with a blue hand, but I'm not sure what else they did. Then they all went to their respective homes to remove any paint and dress for the dinner and dance.

Vernal has a tradition called Promenade that is pretty cool. It is only for juniors and the girls ask the boys. They meet before school for the week before Prom to learn a dance that they perform for parents on the night of prom. I never thought Ben would want to wake up even earlier than usual to go learn a dance, but I am here to tell you he did it willingly! He went with different girls to Promenade and Prom. Kind of like two dates for the price of one. (Which is really good because this was a dang expensive date!)

Video of Promenade - This video has 2 minutes of the dance they did. Ben and his date are in the center of the shots, but behind a lot of people. She has on a magenta colored dress and he has a light blue vest. You can see them pop out once on awhile if you pay attention!



At the end of the dance they had fireworks (the real kind, not the figurative kind. I hope.)

2 comments: